Tuesday 2 August 2016

WIYAALA IS CARRYING AFRICA WITH HER VOICE


 Noella Wiyaala is gradually taking the African continent by storm. She is the big wave sweeping across the shores of the sea, the big tall tree stretching almost up to the sky drawing the attention of everybody.
Her powerful rich voice can be compared to African legends like Yvonne Chakachaka, Angelique Kidjo and the late Brenda Fassie.
The Afro pop singer and songwriter who sings in her native Sissala and Waale dialects and English, often combining all three languages to create a beautiful centered African music that would last a lifetime.


 Ask the Afro pop lioness about her art and how she wishes to see it in the nearest future and she will pour out everything to you. Read her words below:

"My next thing is to get into the European market and see what I can do and to show them somebody is coming from Ghana…I’m sure I can easily rub shoulders with all international acts in America doing pure pop music…
“I do have people writing English songs from Europe for me recently because they believe I have the voice and the looks to smash those songs…

“I can do any kind or style of music I want…Reggae, Ragga, Ballad, African, Afro pop, even Pure pop…

“As an African, I still have my African thing and I don’t want to lose that because I just believe from day one that would make me stand out quick and I can never let that go…”

 There's more after the cut:
“It’s true that my music is not always genre specific, but I always see it as Afro-centric. I will be releasing an album of my own songs later this year and I will be singing in my local languages of Sissala and Wale as well as English. Some of the songs will sound traditional and local to where I grew up, whilst others will be more mainstream influenced.”

Luckily, the genre non-specificity of her repertoire could also mean that she is more likely to build a large base of assorted fans with an interesting demographic twist, given that the content of her rich eclectic repertoire ranges from purely sybaritic danceable tunes, to introspective tunes, to erudite (deeply political, philosophical and moral) tunes, to folk (traditional) tunes, and to the general.

In other words there is great music in her rich eclectic repertoire for the young, for the old, for those between the young and the old, and for “all” racial, ethnic, cultural and linguistic colors. This bold concept of aesthetic versatility is, of course, the product of a quantum genius.

A gifted singer and songwriter in her own right, Wiyaala has wowed critics and fans alike with smash hits such as “Make Me Dance,” “Rock My Body” (featuring reggae singer Jupiter), “Africa,” “Tuma,” “Tinambaanyi,” “Sun & Moon,” “Leno,” “This is Who I Am” (with Moroccan Ahmed Soultan), and so on.

 Well from this point i guess it is safe to say that Wiyaala is already Angelique Kidjo and Miriam Makeba and Alpha Blondy and Concha Buika and Lucky Dube and Fela Kuti and Osibisa and Youssouf N’Dour and Yvonne Chaka Chaka and Evi Edna Ogholi…in the making, a feat that will no doubt require some serious or hard work from aptitudes ranging from songwriting, dance chemistry, vocalization, self-marketing and career development, branding to video choreography, among others and truly Wiyaala is ready for this challenge and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment